Je viens de publier la dernière version d'AS, totalement (et uniquement!) compatible avec MTG 1.6.2
Developpers : Jackda and Dermeister
Contributors : Myzael, Vorondil
Mod Forum : https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/august-storm.942523/
Steam : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=705095915
Express permission by the authors is required to copy or alter any portion of this work.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING ENTIRELY BEFORE PLAYING THIS MOD :
For our great pleasure it is now obvious that there will be a large number of mods for HOI IV. Some of you are already familiar with August Storm (HOI III), some other never heard of it. We think that this diversity of mods is a chance for the player’s community and we would like to thanks PI developers for making games that give to the modders so many possibilities. This diversity is the reason why we thing that it could be fair for our mod’s potential players to know what we are trying to do.
So, just to be sure this mod is made for you, here is our modding philosophy:
What AS4 does:
1. Maximize the historical plausibility while trying to improve the gameplay and difficulty (be warned that AS4 will be really tough in Veteran mode).
2. Completion - Adding in missing countries, technologies, extending the timeline
3. Realism-Balance - Altering variables (or create new ones, when necessary) to make for a more realistic game. Balance is always secondary to this. Added features or functions won’t be necessarily “visible” at first glance (AS3 had a lot of “hidden” features, mostly build around dynamic features like the Strategic Effects). They will be included in a whole coherent system, for a better game experience. We singled out script effects not massive cosmetic effects.
4. UI - Making the user interface better both from usability and aesthetic aspects.
What AS4 won’t be:
1. A Mod Compilation - we will not be prioritizing compatibility with other mods that in any way compromises the above goals. Other groups are free to make AS-compatible versions of their mods, but we will not be providing any support. Of course it is always nice to have sub-mods, but we can’t assume to adapt other modder’s work. Trying to make one coherent mod is enough work for us (balance is our main concern, we love having fun playing balanced Multiplayer games).
2. A Pile of Rubble – Even if it would be very popular and “catchy” for some players, we will not be adding in hundreds of custom units (SS, Guards, Black-shirts), or hundreds of events (“Mussolini lost its cat” ….). We will add flavor where necessary using other means that are not duplicative or overly complicated. To keep the same examples, historical plausibility commands that SS units should be given by events (or similar system) and not built from nothing. Soviet GUARDS should be promoted existing units, based upon military experience, and not produced as “new” units.
3. A Promise - we write AS for ourselves first, and you last. We make our work available, but we don't owe you anything, we are not Paradox Interactive employees, you won't pay us for this work and we don't make this for money nor for glory.
We won't be adding features we are not agree with, nor accept all of your desires just to be the most popular modders.
If a feature is late, it is late. We have lives, and AS is a hobby for us. If we have to prioritize other things, we will.
What we need:
No surprise there: the more players will play the mod the more feedback you make, the more we could improve and polish it. We are also opened to any suggestion as long as it stays in the bound of our global modding philosophy.
August Storm detailed changes (cumulative, but far from being exhaustive!):
Current Version: 184.108.40.206
Compatibility: HOI IV 1.6.2 MTG...ONLY !
- Please, don't forget to evaluate the mod on Steam Workshop, we have put a link in the game menu for that, Thanks ! -
Game Rules (AS default)
• Countries can only gain military access and docking rights from countries that share the same ruling ideology.
• Lend-Lease is limited by World Tension and ideology rules.
• Sending Volunteers is restricted by World Tension and ideology rules.
• Countries may only prepare and execute coups against nations not played by a human.
• Countries may only boost party popularity in countries not played by a human.
• Adapted APP6-A counters
• Rhineland, Poland, East Germany, Levant...(most implemented in 1.6 Vanilla)
• More historical German flag (but remember, Swastikas still forbidden!)
• Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Burma, Manchukuo, and many post WW2 countries...(most implemented in 1.6 Vanilla)
• Releasable SSRs (Belarus, Ukraine, Transcaucasus, Central Asia...)
• French State (unlikely to join any war)
• Added more provinces in Middle East
• A lot of tweaks that Improve AI in many fields
• Higher difficulty (Veteran mode tweaked, Grand Offensive events for AI, more aggressive AI)
• Some (very few) scripted AI events (Weserübung, Japan Invasion Of the Dutch East Indies, Phillipines, Operation Torch...)
• AI produces more historical amounts of unit
• Optimized templates
• AI research improved
• AI build AA defence on crucials economic zone
• Improved peace conference system
• AI Germany more likely to attack Persia and Iraq if controls Suez.
• AI UK more likely to protect and defend his bases and mainland (Suez, Gibraltar, Malta...)
• Better collaboration between Germany and Italy (German AI will try to seize Suez and Middle East before Barbarossa)
• AI Allies fleets less likely to cross the Baltic
• AI Axis fleet less likely to cross the English Channel
• Scandinavian AI countries will help Finland against SU
• Grand Land Offensive system : one Army Group get a strong combat bonus for a limited time (cost many support equipment)
• Winter countries (FIN, SOV, NOR, SWE) fight better than their opponents in winter: temperatures checked for every combats.
• Balanced terrain modifiers to be more realistic
• Added Winter Equipment for (FIN, NOR, SWE, CAN and by focus to SOV)
• Harsher weather effects (updated in 220.127.116.11)
• Some combat tactics won’t trigger in inappropriate terrains (fe: no more Blitz in mountains nor swamps)
• Armour related combat events more difficult to trigger (see above), but also far more decisive when effective
Balance and Gameplay
• Extremely Cold weather, Blizzard, Sandstorm and Mud now disrupt supply
• Reduce Fuel production from Oil fields (-30%)
• Many buildings now use fuel to function
• Tweak many units fuel consumption
• CIC, MIC and Dockyards even more expansive to build (partially compensated by boosted indus techs)
• Drastically nerfed GIE (more historical/plausible)
• Rebalance A LOT more decisions or events
• Base combat width increased (80 to 100)
• Grand Land Offensive, Grand Air Offensive, Grand Air-Naval Offensive system
• Improved laws (to suit historical plausibility and realism)
• Research slots scaled with 1936 country's GDP and relative industrial/economical power
• Improved OOBs
• Fix Vichy establishment and territory distribution
• Modified tech-tree (extended research time will force you to make real choices)
• Upgrade equipment time vastly increased (soldiers need time to learn…)
• More progressive production input
• New focus for all majors : Grand Offensive system
• Better starting Templates
• Oresund straight rules changed. No more British landings in Poland
• New dynamic traits ("Surprised SU" for Barbarossa....)
• New national ideas: Warlordism Disruption (CHI), Socialism In One Country (SOV), Neutrality for several countries (Persia, Turkey, Denmark…)
• New events: Barbarossa (surprise malus to SU), Day Of Infamy (USA), Xi'an Incident (CHI, PRC), Generic Surprise attack events, STO (GER), Operation Torch (USA)...
• Higher difficulty (Veteran mode tweaked,dunamic Grand Offensives for AI, more aggressive AI)
• CZE makes tanks (35t, 38t, potentially added to German’s OOB after “Fate of Cze”)
• Halved sabotage factory damage factor
• Historical East German provinces
• Lower rubber cost for all units
• Slower ships production in peacetime
• JAP and USA AI tougher
• JAP AI is tweaked to do better in China if the player is an Allies member
• JAP/CHI war : added limited war event
• Weaker minors now have 1 base research slot
• Land doctrines reworked : more powerful, longer to research, more research bonus given through focus
• No more industrial malus for harsher conscription laws, weekly Stability hit instead
• New GER focii : French State Collaboration, Fall Anton, Atlantikwall I et II, Total War Mobilisation of the Reich...
• New SOV focus : Operation Countenance
• Important victories or defeats now influence Stability growth
• SOV focus Positive Heroism is not mutual exclusive anymore (means one extra research slot eventually)
• Only majors and minors with heavy industry can now search for Armors, Planes, CVs (other can still use licenced materials)
• After 1936, any country reaching 71 IC are considered owning Heavy Industry.
• Add Civilian Industry requirements for Industrial techs
• Replace illogical "Trotskyist coup" with "Third Revolution" events chain (and add more prospective ideas)
• Add new Ideology : "Revolutionary"
• Reworked some ideologies
• Too low Stability could lead to: Fascist coup, Stalinist coup, Communist insurection.
• Light and Medium Armours now have respectively 1 and 1.5 width
• Factories cost slightly increased.
• More Historical starting Spanish Republican government for SCW
• New timed idea boosting Spanish Reps
• A lot more political events (hidden or not)
• Add more VPs to strategic territories
• New Surrender events chain : Soviet Bitter Peace
• The loss of its African territories hits Italy's Stability(helps for surrender/switching sides)
• Gibraltar or Suez control boost Italy Stability
• New Italian civil war event chain (RSI)
• Added Stability penaties when suffer too many casualties
• Navy XP gain increased
• Land Unit XP gain increased, lowered for leaders
• Air units XP gain decreased
• NEW leader trait : Field Marshal baton
• NEW autonomy status: "Foreign-controlled Economy" ( industrial means under the control of big foreign companies, replace old “Vampirized Economy” events )
• SU will be able to immediatly cancel NAP with Germany if it feels threatened (Axis controls Persia, Afghanistan...)
• UK now directly controls Abadan oil fields (Anglo-Iranian Oil Company)
• USA now directly controls Cuban ressources
• Some Army Generals only available through focii
• Stalinist countries can hold GiE
• Nuclear research only allowed for the most powerfull countries (at least 4 research slots and 70+ IC)
• Production system favorises variants of the same model instead of new ones (production chain bonus)
• Many other balance tweaks, historical fix, new events...
• NEW decision category: “Technological Breakthrough” (T-34/76, Tiger, Panther, Zero-sen…)
• Zero-sen planes can now be used on ground (not only on CVs)
• Infantry tech reorganized, years changed
• New: MBTs 1957, 67, 79
• Modern Heavy Tanks 1945, 57
• New: Mechanized AFVs 1942, 50, 60, 74, 80
• New: Small-arms 1950, 60, 74, 80
• New: Anti-Tank Personel 88
• New: Attack Helicopter - 1957, 67, 79
• Changed: Light Armour III, Modern Light Armour I & II now equip Armoured Cavalry Battalion and
• Armoured Reconnaissance Company
• Twice armor defense
• New: Jet aircraft 1945, 50, 60, 80 (Ground Attack, Interceptor, Superiority Fighter, Strike Fighter, Attack Bomber)
• SPArt, TD, SPAA, are not specific techs anymore (granted with Armor techs)
• Conversions more realistic (no more Jagdpanthers with PzIV chassis)
• Early Armors can now be converted to Mechanized
• New: Armoured Reconnaissance Company
• New: Air Assault Battalion (Enabled by Attack Helicopter I - 1957)
• Germany gets historical Waffen-SS units (38/38 possible, note that you will need Heavy Armor tech and most of the Support companies researched to trigger the mid-war units, new templates will cost Army XP)
• New: Motorized Artillery (implemented in 1.6 Vanilla)
• New: Heavy Armoured Company
• Amphibious Mechanized and Armours are now sub-techs and Support companies only.
• Improve all the support units